Wednesday, November 22, 2006

unexpected

    I doubt I could have picked a better time to begin my job -- not that *I* picked it, actually. We will have eight workdays off at Christmas/New Year's and the next two days for Thanksgiving. So, about 10:00am this morning rumor turned to fact, and the word came down that the university president was letting us have the afternoon off. Woo-hoo!     Being my usual compulsive self, I didn't leave right on time as I was trying to get something finished so I wouldn't forget to finish it when I return to work on Monday. I get a SEVERE case of swiss-cheese brain after days off! Anyway, I missed my appointment with the chiropractor, but enjoyed a Basil Chicken wrap at Roly-Poly, and then I made a B-I-G mistake. I went to Wal-Mart -- because I didn't want to go over the holiday weekend.     Whoa! I was getting panicky by the time I got out of there (even thought it was less than half an hour). Even the self-checkout registers were backed up. But the young woman working that area took pity on me, with my arms piled high, and motioned for me to come to her to be checked out. I was extremely grateful! I hope SHE has a fabulous holiday and something wonderful happens to/for her.     Now, I'm going to relax and enjoy the sunshine, some X-Files and maybe some DVR.... and knit.

No comments: