Sunday, November 05, 2006

knit your bit

My DH and I were just wondering the other day [oops! Rissa reminds me in the comments that it was she and not my DH & I!] how the WWII museum had fared since Katrina, then yesterday I saw this in Creative Knitting magazine's newsletter:
National WWII Museum Sponsors Knitting Effort
"The National World War II Museum in New Orleans has introduced a national, grass-roots program, the Knit Your Bit campaign, that coordinates donated, hand-knitted scarves for WWII veterans in appreciation of their service to our country. Knitters can donate completed scarves which will then be distributed to individual veterans through V.A. Hospitals and other veterans' organizations. "The program will continue through the winter into 2007, but scarves sent to the Museum by December 10, 2006, will be distributed to veterans as holiday gifts this year. Every knitter that donates a scarf will receive a certificate of participation. "For more information, go to their website where you will find a simple scarf pattern that can be downloaded. Two color combinations are recommended: khaki green with cream stripes, or navy blue with cream stripes."
(button added to sidebar)

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Actually it was me who was wondering about the museum. LOL Guess I better go read their site.