Wednesday, November 29, 2006

carbo fog (whining ahead)

    Is there such a thing? Or is it just a lack of caffiene??     I feel SO bad today, that carbo-fog is the only thing to which I can attribute it. I went to bed at the regular time, and even though I *heard* a neighborhood dog barking, I don't actually think it kept me awake or woke me in the night. Felt DH get up once in the night, but not snoring. And finally my bladder got me out of bed at 4:45 am and I couldn't get back to sleep (yeah, mostly the dog this time, and knowing the alarm was going off at 5:30am anyway).     Usually, even if I wake up sleepy-headed, by the time I finish my shower, I am fairly wide-awake and alert. Not today. It's 8:30am, and I'm still feeling groggy. The aches in my hand, shoulder and hips are not helping.     If it's a lack of caffiene, I'll just have to adjust. I know I am consuming way too much of it, and intend to cut back. But oddly, that usually just gives me a headache, and that's one thing that's NOT hurting this morning!     Everyone have a wonderful day. I will have lunch with a former classmate (and future travel-mate to Tibet) later today. Looking forward to that; she is such a sweetheart. In between that and work, think I'll wander through some diabetes sites.

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Well, you know I can't tolerate the caffeine anymore. It really affects my sleep.

I never have carb cravings at night, in fact I rarely ever eat in the evening. I also almost never have cravings, which is why it was so strange that I had that strong urge to get up and eat something the other night. :-)