Friday, November 24, 2006

colorful lives

Taggin' off Rissa, again.
1. Closest red thing to you? The wool blanket over my legs. 2. Has anyone ever cheated on you in a relationship? Probably. 3. The last thing to make you angry? Being disappointed by one of my sons. 4. Are you a fan of romance? Definitely. 5. Have you ever been in love? Was, am, will be. 6. Do you have a temper? Yeah, but all bark & no bite.
    1. Closest green thing to you? Shirt I'm wearing. 2. Do you care about the environment? Yes, but I care about people more. 3. Are you jealous of anyone right now? Not a soul...see next question. 4. Are you a lucky person? I think so, or perhaps only serendipitous. 5. Do you always want what you can’t have? Hardly, only anxious for the next goal to be achieved. 6. Are you Irish? Scot-Irish only, no matter how much Son#1 wishes differently.
    1. Closest purple thing to you? A handknitted scarf I had around my neck earlier cause my house was cold and I was the only one who couldn't get warm. 2. Like being treated to expensive things? Hmm... sort of. I like most any gift, expensive or not. Even better an expensive thing for a small price, i.e., BARGAIN. 3. Do you like mysterious things? Yes. I didn't used to think I did, and although I don't read mysteries, per se, when it comes to TV/movies I find they are my favorites. All things mystical I find fascinating. 4. Favourite type of chocolate? All kinds. Now, though, whatever's got the least amount of sugar. 5. Ever met any royalty? "Life is too short to be anything but Queen." 6. Are you creative? Yes. Not as artistic as I would like to be, but unwilling to invest the time to do anything more about it at this time. 7. Are you lonely? Rarely.
    1. Closest blue thing to you? The jeans I'm wearing and my coffee cup. 2. Are you good at calming people down? No, but I try. Perhaps best with my children? 3. Do you like the ocean? Definitely. Water is my element. 4. What was the last thing that made you cry? This. 5. Are you a logical thinker? When I'm not over-emotionally invovled or stressed, yes. 6. Can you sleep easily? In my own bed, usually. 7. Do you prefer the beach or the woods? Beach, unless there's a lake in the woods.
    1. Closest yellow thing to you? Weird. There's no yellow near me. Ah, a pencil. 2. The happiest time(s) of your life? I hope it hasn't happened yet. 3. Favourite holiday? Before my mother passed away, it was Thanksgiving. Now, I guess any one that I have off from work. 4. Are you a coward? In the sense that I avoid confronation at most any cost, yes. 5. Do you burn or tan? Generally, I burn. When a kid, though, my dad called me "Smokey." But then I spent lots of time outside, in the water. 6. Do you want children? Have two sons; DH has two daughters, one neice, two grandsons, one granddaughter, and three grandneices. I'm hoping for a granddaughter -- someday, but not too soon. 7. What makes you happy? Simple things really. But, I also believe happiness is a choice, not an event; with an internal not external source.
    1. Closest pink thing to you? The nose of my favorite cat. 2. Do you like sweet things? Yes, but not that I've had to give them up they can be nauseating. 3. Like play-fighting? No. And not arguing for arguing's sake either. 4. Are you sensitive? Excessively. 5. Do you like punk music? No. 6. What is your favourite flower? Gardenias. Lilacs. Roses (Queen Elizabeths & Don Juans). 7. Does someone have a crush on you? I hope not. To me a crush is insincere, too close to infaturation, and a less valuable form of love (See Robert Sternberg's theory). However, they are certainly fun. I get them now and then, but on my new toys, or unobtainable objects.
    1. Closest orange thing to you?A container of tropical fruit IceBreakers. 2. Do you like to burn things? Candles. 3. Dress up for Halloween? Only by puting on orange & black. 4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person? Yes. 5. Do you prefer the single life or the security of a relationship? Security. 6. What would your super power be? Enlightenment?
    1. Closest white thing to you? Paper. 2. Would you say you’re innocent? I'd say I led a sheltered life. 3. Always try to keep the peace? Peacemaker is my middle name -- I always feel in the middle. 4. How do you imagine your wedding? I've had two. The dream-come-true one didn't take. 5. Do you like to play in the snow? Only until my toes get cold... and really only walking in it, or making snowmen, not snowball fights or shoveling. 6. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? Nope. Neither bother me any more... only the COST at the dentist because I don't have dental insurance! I do still have to turn my head when I get blood drawn or have injections.
    1. Closest black thing to you? Sweater I'm wearing. 2. Ever enjoy hurting people? NO. And hate the thought that I do it unintentionally. 3. Are you sophisticated or silly? It would be super-silly to think I could carry off sophisticated. 4. Do you have a lot of secrets? Can't keep them, so there's no point in trying. 5. What is your favourite colour(s)? Always loved purple. Seem drawn to pink lately. Any color I like tends to have blue undertones. 6. Does the colour you wear affect your mood? Only if I think it looks good/bad on me.

    1 comment:

    Rissa said...

    Excellent photo choices! I am glad that you decided to do this one...and I enjoyed reading your answers. :-)