Saturday, November 25, 2006

bared cubbie

I promised pictures of my workstation:




Needs a little warmth, don't it?

I sort of wish it was left-handed instead of right, but for now it will be fine. I have asked for a different keyboard. One with the curved area for your hands and a touchpad on the right. Having to use a mouse on the desk and the keyboard on a tray has given my shoulder fits! The workstation two spots away from me has a tray that swivels. I may try to get that moved to my spot, too.

In case you are wondering, the three discs are three blank CDs that are supposed to help me see people walk up behind me. It does a little, but I still jump. It's so quiet in the department, and we all sit with our backs to the opening of the workstations, so everyone gets startled. I'd really rather have a long thin mirror hung there. I think the discs look pretty silly, but I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the co-worker who brought them to me.

I have some picture frames I want to take, and hope to get the photos for them pulled out and in place tomorrow. The holiday weekend hasn't gone exactly like I planned (i.e., I didn't get done all the things I meant to get done) but it has been restful.

As Scarlett says, "Tomorrow is another day!"

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

It's a peaceful looking work station and very cozy. A small mirror might help keep the surprise visits to a minimum.