Thursday, October 19, 2006

tail clippings

    Here's the first batch:
    The two red scarves and one pair of socks are officially Finished Objects! More would have been done today, but I had to tinker & reknit ™ the cuff on the socks -- all while battling warm temperatures. Okay. Hot flashes.     The double-rib cuff on size 2s (that the rest of the sock was knitted with) gaped badly. So out came the double-rib tubular cast-off, the ribbing, and the size 1 DPs. The result is much more pleasing to my eye and foot.     And since it is the first completed pair of hand-knitted socks I have made for myself, you get a goofy photo of said foots. Presenting my Jaywalker socks, knit with Sockotta by Plymouth (without a color number on the band):
    Because I made another pair of socks with this ball of yarn, I made them short socks. Actually, both pair are short; I like them that way.     And Brickle likes the red scarves; he's laying atop both of them!
B - U - S - Y     B - U - S - Y   day tomorrow!

4 comments:

Rissa said...

Make sure the recipients of the scarves are not allergic to cats. LOL Seriously, I am very proud that finsihed off so much. Go Cyndy!

Mary Anne said...

so many finished objects! doesn't it feel good? congrats to you. nice socks, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the tails!! Thanks for joining in on the Tail-Along...I got mine all woven in too. Feels GREAT, no? Whoopee!

Anonymous said...

Brickle looks a bit like my BlondieBoy (well, we first thought he was a she when it was a kitten, and then....LOL. Thus the "Boy" tagged onto his name)
Love the colors in those socks!
-Lynn in southern NJ