Monday, October 16, 2006

red scarves

    The knitting on the two red scarves was finished yesterday; one on the ride to Jackson, the other on the ride home. It took all evening tonight to do the grafting. I had plenty of yarn, so it was a stupid idea waste of time to work both cable sections and then graft, especially since it wasn't simply stockinette, or k1p1 ribbing, but k2p2 ribbing joining the cable. I meant to do one row of k2p2 at the end of the cable, but forgot, so the grafting as "wonky." Fortunately, ribbing is very forgiving as it pulls together the knit stitches and hides the purls.
    The detail of the cable pattern shows up best with the solid red one:
    (This one may go to a Tibetan monk who will be visiting one of my professors in November.)     The weekend was wonderful. Good food, good friends, and good shopping! Not as exciting, however, as my sister's weekend on the Big Island of Hawaii -- she got a bit shook up today, but is okay and I think had her lights and water back by this afternoon.

2 comments:

Rissa said...

The scarves are beautiful, much prettier in person than in the pictures! :-) Glad you had a good weekend, it was fun for me too. And, I really enjoyed the boiled peanuts!

I look forward to seeing you Friday. LOL

Lisa Dunn said...

I love the scarves, they are just beautiful!

I'm glad your sister is okay.