Thursday, October 12, 2006

startitis³

Yikes!     I've come down with a severe case of startitis. In the past 24 hours, I cast-on for
a scarf in the same yarns I made the pink hat for Think Pink (though I might get it finished by the deadline, it won't be in Sydney's hands by the 15th). a 5-hour baby sweater for a young friend in other pink yarns, and two Wool-Ease scarves for the Red Scarf Project.
    This is in addition to the wool scarf I have started on some size 10s in Debbie Bliss Merino Aran to use as a practice piece to teach knitting,     And the Swallowtail Shawl, which I cast-on the day after the MistiAlpaca arrived. I would be half-way through the pattern repeats of the Lace Bud pattern 2, but I foolishly tried to knit on it while I was with #1Son at the bank and car dealership yesterday buying his new used car. Time to tinker & reknit™     I have knitted lace patterns often in the past, but I have never actually knitted with lace-weight yarn before. I am finding it a bit tricky. It is so light, it is still at the whim of the circular needle. I'm using bamboo, at least, so it isn't so slippery as if I was using metal. I have to pay just a bit more attention so the stitches don't slip away, but with every pattern repeat it gets better, and I get back into the swing of the pattern. I wish I had started the dark red one though, instead of the grey... and as much as I want to finish it and wear it, I dread the blocking.     That's all for now.. it's a cool, beautiful day. Well, okay, it's overcast, but that's why it's so cool. Fine with me. The birds are singing and I have a quiet house for stitching. I think the neighborhood dogs are all sleeping, and the trains have quite running until later in the day....... TV is off and I am content keeping my own self company.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

It sounds like you have some lovely projects on the needles and I'm glad to hear you've been having a peaceful day.

Rissa said...

I really am glad to see the cool.