Wednesday, September 13, 2006

TOO early for all this!

A little housekeeping first. About the LC's Current Reads in my sidebar. Have removed Missing Mary and the Kirkegaard Anthology because I dropped the classes for which they were required. Malinche, however, I stopped reading. I may be wrong, but it seems her timeline is all screwed up and I just can't get past it. I *know* it is fiction, but when you claim things to be well-researched and factually-based and they are obviously messed up . . . uh . . . hm . . . that's the argument critics take with DaVinci Code, isn't it? Hm. Perhaps I'll reconsider. Just as well, I only have two new ones to add anyway: a book I bought at MS Pagan Pride day last Saturday, by Rama Berch, Yoga in Every Moment: Contemplations of a Yogi in the Midst of Life, and Mood Cure by Julia Ross. Dr. Ross also wrote Diet Cure, which my sister gave me a few years ago. Both are excellent resources for looking at how manipulating brain chemistry through nutritional supplements can affect our behavior and physiology.     As of last night, I had a whopping 73 participants in my sleep study! That's about 25 more in the last day. I'll be logging those and churning out the emails for the second phase all morning -- should have done it last night instead of reading blogs and knitting! But as my husband was about, oh, 5 hours later coming home from work than I expected him, my mind was just a little preoccupied with other matters. Like being aggravated. And hungry. But mostly worried as I knew they were working in Chalmette.     At least Brickle comes to sit by me when the Big Guy is not home at night. The knitting? Well, I'm doing the last round on the knitting tote; then I'll seam the bottom and add the handles to finish. I also added another section on a Sidewinder hat of pink Kiss and NoBo novelty yarns -- that's AFTER I pulled out the best part of a (if not the whole) 12-row section because I lost my place and can't "read" the knitting because of the fluffy Kiss yarn! I am making this one a bit bigger than the others I have made for KniTibet. This one is for me as it is all acrylic (we need wool for KniTibet hats, scarves and gloves).     Speaking of Tibet, I read a wonderful column from the Syndey Morning Herald earlier today. But I can't find a link on the newspaper website, so the only way I could share it would be to cut-and-paste it into my blog. Not a good idea. I'll keep trying to find it online. I would like to share it.     Time to run hubby to work, Cyn

No comments: