Wednesday, September 20, 2006

finally! knitting content & photos

    One of the things I like best about living in the South is wearing sandals and flip-flops for much more of the year than when I lived in Maryland. I don't know if I was always like this or if it is the material flip-flops are made from now, but often they hurt my feet. They rub the skin between my toes and under the straps. So, when Rissa showed me these (it's a PDF so give it a moment to download), I knew I had to make them.     This first attempt is not with the recommended yarn, but with Sockotta. The called-for yarn is Regia Stretch, a wool blend; Sockotta is cotton.
    I will probably undo the bind off row of the toes and do it a little tighter. It sort of flairs out. Next pair I will make the big toe part a couple of rows longer.     In the meantime, I ordered some Regia Stretch... but now that I have it I am not sure I will use it for these! It is such a yummy yarn, I want it for regular socks. Cyn

No comments: