Monday, December 18, 2006

yikes! spikes!

uhoh... I ate something this morning which was supposed to be whole-grain and low0sugar, but which apparently wasn't... plus, I was half-sick this weekend and didn't eat like I am supposed to... and, I've been under just a WEE bit of stress the past couple days... so after being so happy that my BG was 109 after a great meal the other night, I am shakey this morning. So, afraid my BG was dropping too low I checked it... OMG!! 221!!! What the heck can I do fast to get it down?? I quickly went and did some cardio exercise, then grabbed some protein and am now downing a LOT of water... Finging no help with quick look online, but don't really have time at work to do indepth search. Any advice for future spikes, would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

gosh, I don't know enough about the disease to give any advice but I hope you get the levels under control soon.

Rissa said...

Yikes girl. Glad you checked before you took something to raise your blood glucose. I wonder what is going on to cause it. Other than insulin, I don't know what to do about a spike. :-(