Friday, December 15, 2006

BIG honors

The BIG day is finally here.

    And I think I am finally excited about it.
    I picked up my cap & gown over lunch. Walking to the coliseum I suddenly realized that it would most likely be folded in a bag... meaning it would be creased/wrinkled! omg! All I could think of was my mother and how she always made sure I looked perfect! Fortunately, there were people there who would steam them (and for a very reasonable fee).
    I came to work today dressed way down: jeans, t-shirt, no make-up, hair undressed, sneakers. The IT folks are running a major test on the main program we all used to access our cataloging system, so it was the ideal day for cleaning. So, I brought my dress and other regalia along and will change after work.     With all the hoop-la over unfinished papers and difficulties with my study, I totally forgot that I was graduating summa cum laude: I have Seat 1 in Row 1 of my college. I think my dad is planning to arrive a bit late so he won't have to sit so long (and perhaps so he can make a fast escape, lol), so I am glad my college is not the first on the program -- or he would miss it all together! My sons are under command to appear; #1Son will be chauffeuring his brother, DH, and DSis.
    Now, between the sunny walk back from the coliseum and cleaning my workspace, I'm all perspire-y... at least I remembered to include wipes, washcloth, deodorant, toothbrush and paste in my 'necessaries' bag!
    I don't know if I'll have a digital photo to upload or will have to wait to scan a printed one, but I'll show-off sooner or later.

2 comments:

Rainbo said...

Congratulations on graduating summa cum laude. Enjoyed reading your blog. I’m bookmarking it so I can come back to it. Keep writing, you do it well.

Mary Anne said...

Congratulations, Cyn! Way to go. I hope your day is special in every way.