Tuesday, December 12, 2006

small honors

    Last year, I wrote a paper for Buddhism class entitled Bodhisattva of Compassion: Tara & Kwan Yin. Two of the primary sources I used for information on Kwan Yin were John Blofeld's Bodhisattva of Compassion, and Sandra Boucher's Discovering Kwan Yin. Both books made deep impressions upon me, so much so that when it came time to select a library holding for the Senior Bookplate Project, and I couldn't decide on a current holding, I donated both books and asked that my bookplate be placed in the Blofeld book.
    The woman who has the workstaion next to mine is responsible for placing the bookplates and she stopped me today to show me that it was ready to go. As a 'student worker' in the Reading Room for over a year, I am happy that even though at the moment as am graduating I am not currently a 'student worker' they still allowed me to be honored in this way. A small thing, but meaningful.

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Aw, that is sweet. :-)