Sunday, December 24, 2006

grad pics

    We finally got one of the rolls of film with graduation photos developed yesterday, and I cropped three of the photos for the blog:

    *I* knew that the binder would not have my actual diploma in it, but DH didn't. That's why I flashed it at him. What we should have is a photo of *his* reaction rather than of me!

    I'm not the only one in the family to have taken some time to get their degree, or to have graduated from USM. My sister did it in '98 -- but it was her second bachelor's. My dad and mom met at there; he, my uncle, aunt and their three sons, my cousins, all graduated from USM. My mother lacked only a few hours. I would love to walk for my Masters in two years along with my two sons walking for their bacherlors. Will keep working toward it.
    Graduation was more fun than I expected. I'd never attended a university commencement before, so seeing the masters candidates walk and the doctoral candidates get 'hooded' was something new. I have 'lemon yellow' vestments to look forward to. LOL

2 comments:

Rissa said...

Woo hoo! I am so happy for you. I like the photo with Melinda and your father.

Anonymous said...

No family resemblence at all though. :(
LOL!
I have to say thanks for all your encouragement these past couple years... supportive family and friends made it easier.