Wednesday, August 23, 2006

remember the magic mirror?

    Today was the first day of the new semester, and even though I did not have classes, #2Son did, and I had errands to take care of on campus so I drove him. It was a good choice, as my errands each took longer than expected, i.e., there wouldn't be enough time to do them on a day when I do have classes. But the best thing was seeing people I know. I felt a little like Miss Nancy from Romper Room:
"I see Susan, and Paula, and JohnL,
and Diana, and Jeremiah, and Dan, and Cody,
and Halima, and Cathy, and Patrick, and Walter."
    The errands were all concerning graduation and grad school. I've changed my primary major from psychology to religion, so I can "walk" for the religion degree. As for grad school, I think my heart wants to go to TWU, but I'll probably end up at USM. According to the information I received today in the mail from TWU, you have to have already been accepted at TWU before submitting for financial aid (not that it makes much sense... I'm hoping it only means they won't award it until then).     I have exactly 72 days to complete (the final draft) my thesis! I am afraid this semester is going to pass much too quickly. LC

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Romper Room...now that is a memory.