Thursday, August 17, 2006

baby's got 'em

    What's the best thing about losing weight? My doctor, of course, would say my improved (current and future) health, but we all KNOW that it's
B U Y I N G     N E W     C L O T H E S ! ! !
    Except.... when the your new skirts (purchased just two weeks ago and not even worn because you didn't shaved your legs) are now too big? Don't throw out those 12s, Rissa -- I may fit into them yet!     So, what's a girl to do??
Buy new shoes, of course! ¿Estamos bailando todavĂ­a?
    I need a fancy pair of shoes for the EGA banquets, and I think these will do nicely. When I was trying them on for the second time, this sweet young girl told me they looked very pretty on my feet... bless her little heart! I just *had* to buy them after that. I do already have a red dress, but I'd really like to find something a bit fancier. Or maybe just fancy-up the one I have. Still a good many weeks to figure out that one. It's a good-news-bad-news kind of situation as far as wanting to keep losing weight and wanting to fit the clothes I have recently bought!     Good news from the doctor today. Glucose was 81, BP was 127/81. He wants to do a fasting blood test for cholesterol to see if treating the diabetes has lowered it. At the same time he will check the AC1 for the past three months. I'll do that one day next week -- he said there was no reason to "stick" me twice.     So much for my day. Now I want to knit just a bit and then go to bed. Gotta start getting some more sleep. Those 8am workdays are going to be starting much too soon. LC

4 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Lovely shoes and congrats on the weight loss!

Anonymous said...

Thank you , Mary Anne! :) You are so sweet to post such encouraging comments.

Rissa said...

Woo hoo! Mi closet es su closet. ;-) I need to try on the red dress I bought for inspiration to keep on keeping on. LOL

Anonymous said...

but, what about the shoes? do you like the shoes??