Tuesday, August 01, 2006

more matters of size

ooo! ooo! ooo!     Now tonight I am really excited.
    We went down the road to Home Depot tonight (did I ever mention how much I despise HD??) to get carpet padding. They didn't have any carpet padding and the carpet wasn't where the greeter at the door even said it was and the woman sitting in the 'design' area ignored us while, as per usual, all the HD employees deftly disappeared. I hate HD like most people hate WM.     Needless to say we left, intending to go all 25 miles back up the interstate to home, plus the 50 more north to the Lowe's (did I ever mention that I live one-half to one-full hour from any decent shopping??). However, I suggested that we could go to Lowe's tomorrow night and hit Hudson's tonight while we were close. No one EVER has to twist hubby's arm to go to Hudson's! Boy, am I glad we chose the latter!     There were very few women's clothes, but what was there worked out wonderfully for me. Most people seem to leave the silks and wools, and I love to snatch them up off the 75-80% racks. Tonight I scored a pair of beautiful red silk "grasscloth" (with silk lining) slacks... size 12s... no elastic waistband... no stretch fabric... that fit perfectly!! Two 3/4-length sleeve cardigans and two silk tops completed my clothing purchases.     As for hubby's cache, well, Rissa... neither Ben or Rodger can "go to Hudson's any more."     Now, to go try on those slacks for hubby's approval. >>wink-wink<< LC

2 comments:

Rissa said...

You just can't let those men go to Hudson's! LOL I think I am going to make the trek out to my Hudson's tomorrow after I work out. :-D

Congrats on the cool clothes! I am still fighting the same six pounds up and down...even though I am walking a LOT more.

Mary Anne said...

Yay for you on scooping some great clothes!