Monday, August 07, 2006

prodigal one returns

    Today I returned to work in the library. Unfortunately not as a full-time employee, but in my former position as a student assistant. It was a long day (longer than I used to work at one stretch), but it was nice to be back. There are fewer patrons over intersission/break, of course, so I can ease back into the routine. There have been a lot of changes in the last 5 months with regard to what is in our area, so I have things to learn -- most everything is the same though. My supervisor(s) are such wonderful ladies. I really missed them.     I want to knit, but I have so many things to do... It is already 9:00pm, though, and I am very tired. So, perhaps just a few rows while I wind down and ponder what items on my never-ending to-do list have the highest priority for tomorrow. And Deadwood has just begun, so I'll be up at least an hour. LC

2 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your work and the people you work with. I hope you get a chance for a few rows of knitting once a day. It's like a vitamin for the soul.

Anonymous said...

You are so right, Mary Anne! We simply must make sure we knit a little every day. Or at least every couple days. The knitting I did today was the first since I finished the baby hats week before last!