Friday, March 02, 2007

self-connections

    I usually bump along on meme's after Rissa, though I skipped the "Inside the Actor's Studio" (Bernard Pivot)one)... maybe another time.

1a. What is one thing about your body that you hate, deny, talk trash about?
    Is hair part of your body? It upsets me that my hair has gotten so thin. It is embarassing, and I do talk trash about it as a defense mechanism, I guess. What REALLY bothers me is women and girls (okay, Pentecostals/Fundamentalists) with long, long hair who won't donate even a portion of it to Locks of Love! Their 'crowning glory' is nothing but vanity.
    Like Rissa, my flabby and paunchie tummy bothers me. Yes, it is smaller now, but that means it is saggy. But, what is up with this not having eyebrows any more?!?!?
1b. What can you do to make friends with this part and show it a little love?
    Keeping my hair colored is about the only thing I can do to make myself feel better about that; I use good shampoos and conditioners. Biotin is supposed to help. As for the tummy, I'm so glad to have lost the weight, I'll put up with the saggy tummy.
    The eyebrows, well, I have this nervous habit of plucking at them when I am under stress. Staying calm helps more than just that, thank goodness; and keeping my hands occupied helps. Last year I just about plucked the left one totally off; lately it's the right. And then... one of the women at Incense asked if I wanted my eyebrows 'threaded' -- I had to tell her I didn't have enough to bother with.
2a. What is one thing about your home that doesn't feel good?
    Except for the clutter, and the fact that I'm a terrible housekeeper (I need a maid), and there are a hundred things that need to be done (or finished), I love my house.
2b. What is one thing you can do to change that?
    Hmm... just said it I guess: get a maid. But what I'd really like to do is to finally have the light blue paint job finished and to create a Japanese garden outside the 'library.'
3a. Is there a relationship that you have difficulty with?
    The relationship with which I have difficulty is not one I am either willing to discuss on a blog or do anything about.
3b. What is something small you can do to either salvage it or come to terms with the way it is now?
    I am polite, and hard as I try not to do so, I keep hope that the future will not be as bad as I fear it will be because of this person.
4a. Is there something you are afraid to do, but would like to try it?
    I am afraid to get a tatoo. For a dozen reasons (all pretty good ones).
4b. What can you do to begin a plan to try it?
    Won't be doing anything. I will, however, probably get a third piercing in my ear. Which one should it be??

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Get a maid! It will help with stress!! Also just read in Thyorid Diet that if your hair is thinning, you might not be getting enough protien in your diet.