Friday, March 16, 2007

spoiler ahead

    Don't read any further if you haven't seen (and plan to) The Guardian, with Kevin Costner. It's the movie about Coast Guard rescue swimmers. We watched it last night, and it was okay. A bit too reminiscent of Officer and a Gentleman and others. And I didn't like the ending... which leads me to my spoiler question:

    What is it with KC and self-sacrifical deaths? First there was Message in a Bottle, now this. I can't think of specific title(s), but I seem to recall others.

    And in the weirdly unbelievable heading today are 1) the Rock Paper Scissors League competition this weekend on the Gulf Coast, whose winner goes to the national competition in Las Vegas, and 2) all the Chow Downs on Spike TV this week/weekend. No wonder the world has such little respect for us any more -- although, ya know, there's plenty of weird stuff going on around this little blue marble. Feel free to chime in with anything that comes to mind...

    Time to make the donuts work on cataloging. Everyone have a wonderful Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for warning me. It was on my list to watch but I think I'll cross it off.

Anonymous said...

Felicia, at least don't bother to rent it... it wasn't that it was bad, it just wasn't great, and was way familiar in plot. So hard to find a really good movie these days. thanks for commenting!