Thursday, March 15, 2007

meandering

    I know I don't post regularly any more (did I ever??), but seems like all I have to say is whiney. I'm not doing anything interesting, nothing but work and school, and I am pretty exhausted by the time I get home. As much as I despise day-light savings time, at least by the time I drive home these days it is still light and I'm a little more awake. But, like last night, for example, I wanted to do something but had no energy... and my eyes were SO tired! They actually 'quit' on me about 2:30pm; at least it felt that way... and this morning they are still fuzzy. Yes, Rissa, I will drink more water today. And I need to get an eye exam and new lenses, I'm sure. Too much tiny print in old books yesterday, plus all the reading for classes. See??? Whiney stuff.

    And here's some more........

    kinds of drivers who make me crazy: those who stop and won't go at a four-way, and those who go and won't stop... then there are those who speed in town but won't accelerate onto the interstate...

    I should stop and save this as a draft, then add at least one purse photo from my laptop... nah. I'll just post again at break.

Right.


    I am doing some research via blogging. How about that for different? Seems there is this movement afoot on the library scene that has come to be known as "Library 2.0." I set up the Google Reader for these blogs, and by golly, it's a rather convenient way to read blogs. But, in some ways, I don't get the hoop-la. It's almost exactly like reading newsgroups -- which was around long before *I* started doing in in the mid-nineties. Sure, the interface is different, and there are bells and whistles, but it is really the same approach...

    As for the Library 2.0, my paper will hopefully answer my primary question: what is the point/reason for the gushing? Is it hyperbole or is it a practical and worthwhile use of staff time. So far, I've read some interesting opinions, but, most just seem just infatuated with the toys.


(gotta run)


1 comment:

Rissa said...

I am sort of the water police aren't I? LOL