Monday, February 26, 2007

i got'em, y'all

what my momma always called "the-can't-help-its-and-the-don't-want-to's"

    so... I'm feeling a little overwhelmed lately. not getting a lot accomplished, and having a lot that needs accomplishing will do that.

    so... I'm feeling a little overwhelmed lately. not getting a lot accomplished, and having a lot that needs accomplishing will do that. work is going well, though (my temporary supervisor told me today that my work from last week showed improvement). my knee was even feeling pretty good until I pulled 50 books from the stacks today and pushed that cartful of items back to my desk -- it's aching toinght even after taking Aleve when I got back to my desk this morning and one after supper tonight. driving when it's aching is such a joy, too.

    I finally managed to finish and submit my application to TWU toinght.

For those of you who don't know, I'm not real happy with the program I'm currently in -- which may pass with time (and more classes), but I'm keeping an eye on other options.
didn't get any (more) laundry done tonight, nor my kitchen cleaned up. didn't find my tweezers or get my hair colored. didn't do a dozen other things. I did waste spend two hours with class chats -- a message board/email list could accomplish the same thing as what occurs in the one class, and I'm still waiting to "learn from my fellow classmates" in the other, and wondering why we aren't "learning" from the Ph.D.

    yesterday (Sunday) I spend browsing library-oriented blogs, having a work-group chat for one class, reading (really boring, twice as long as necessary) textbook chapters, and watching House on peekvid.com. then I gave in to my OCD-self and ripped back, a stitch at a time, the 3-knit stitch edges of the Peaks & Valleys scarf and fixed the row where I forgot to knit on the wrong side. It happened on both edges, one side about three inches from the beginning and the other about six inches from the beginning. I fixed all the stitches except the turn stitch at the end/beginning of the rows. I knew I'd screw that up, so I left it. I worked on it some more tonight while I sat through class chat.

oh! and I don't know why, but when I try to reply to your comments through my email program, my replies always bounce back to me. so, I'm not being rude, I'm just not sure how to fix the problem yet.

    now... it's time for bed. I know this because the neighbor's dog is barking.

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

sounds like you have a lot of challenges going on. I hope you get some time for r&r while you cope.

Rissa said...

Hope you figure out a way to do everything you need AND that your courses settle down. It is scary when you want to pass up FREE to pay to take classes from somewhere else.

miss kitty said...

hey there. you don't know me, but i came upon your blog while searching for more information on parson's syndrome. my friends sister died of it several years ago, and i am currently enrolled in a biology class where i need to do research on diseases involving corrupted DNA. i am very sorry to hear that your friends baby died from it. i wondered if you had any information you could share with me on the topic, as there seems to be none whatsoever on the internet. i keep coming back to that it may be associated with kearns-sayre syndrome, but am not sure. my friend said there's no information on it, it's that rare. any help you can/want to give would be much appreciated...thanks!