Friday, March 09, 2007

will i never learn

to keep my mouth shut?

    First thing at work this morning, I checked my e-mail -- just like everyone else does. The draft of a group assignment for one of my classes was in my inbox. I expected to have a couple of grammatical or spelling errors to comment on, BUT, the formatting throughout the document was inconsistent. I cannot afford a grade lower than a "B" on any of these assignments! So I spent an hour editing the document.

    Now here's the stupid part: I dropped by my temporary supervisor's office and told her I would owe her an hour on Monday because of the classwork ... nope. I had to submit leave-time for it because the pay-period ends today and I have no way to make up the hour.

    Back at my desk, I was in tears. If I had said nothing, no one would have known I'd spent that hour doing classwork, but noooooooooooooo! I have to be honest.

stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid . . .

    I realize it has been over 20 years since I have been in the workplace, but I do not remember being treated like a child in my previous jobs.

2 comments:

Rissa said...

I have found that they either treat you like a child or they NEVER say a word to you then you get a crappy review denoting every single infraction...or you can get away with absolutely anything and everything!!!

Mary Anne said...

awww, that's a shame, when you tried to do the right thing and were treated poorly for being honest.
hugs for you, kiddo.
xxx