Wednesday, February 21, 2007

me-me-me-me-

    Wow. More than a month since I did a meme! No, I won't make up for lost time, but monkey-see-monkey-do and all that...
What curse words do you use the most?
    Hands-down it would be "sh*t" -- but the f-word has creeped in much more than I care to admit since (no, not "since we met," Rissa!) it got so prevalent on TV and in public... I do HATE to let it slip out in public with little kids around.
Do you own an i-pod?
    I have purchased two, both as gifts. But, since I have not yet mailed the one to my step-grandson, I may order him one with his name on it (like we did for our son) and keep this one. I get tired of unhooking my earphones from the computer at work every time I need to walk away. I *do* have a lot of music on my HP iPaq, so I have mixed feelings about having another electronic toy.
What time is your alarm clock set to?
    Sorry, can't stand it... To what time is your alarm clock set?
Monday through Friday, it is set for 5:35am, not 5:30, because Walton & Johnson don't usually begin until 5:35. I stay in bed and listen until their first commercial break (usually about 5:45), then get up and take a shower.
Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
    I would like to be in the picture, if I took a good picture! LOL Pictures of me are always terrible. And the ones I take are not nearly as good as I'd like them to be, or as good as my husband's.
What was the last movie you watched?
    At the movies, it was, hmm.... oh, yes! How could I forget: Pirates of the Caribbean 2. At home, sh*t! I can't remember.
What cd is currently in your player?
    A DVD, actually: Tibet, Cry of the Snow Lion.
Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
    I'll drink the no-sugar chocolate sometimes, but an ice-cold glass of skim milk is just fine with me.
Has anyone told you a secret this week?
    Well, things were said to me that I wouldn't repeat, so I guess that's a secret of sorts.
When was the last time you had Starcrack Starbucks?
    About a week or so ago. There is one on the first floor of the library where I work, but I seldom patronize it because there is a better coffeeshop on the way to campus (and another better one in another part of campus). Biscotti are cheaper at SB's than the good cafe, but, SB doesn't have ginger biscotti! Those are my one regular indulgence lately.
Can you whistle?
    Nope. Hubby can though. Loud and strong.
What are you looking forward to?
    The soonest event I'd be looking forward to is the possibility of getting in touch with someone I haven't seen since before Katrina.
Did you watch cartoons when you were little?
    Oh, my yes! When cartoons were GOOD. Bugs Bunny, Wiley Coyote & Road Runner, Yogi Bear, Tom & Jerry...
Do you own any band t-shirts?
    Probably not any more. My favorite one was a skinny little tank from a Waylon Jennings concert at Painter's Mill, MD.
What will you be doing in an hour?
    Most likely watching an episode of Shark or 24 or CSI:[??] off the DVR and eating something.
What was the last song you heard?
    Last one I can remember specifically was by Eric Clapton, the one with a drug name that I don't really want showing up in any Google search! LOL
Last time you cried?
    On my mom's birthday last week.
Desktop or laptop?
    Laptop, definitely!
Desiring any new ink?
    On my braver, quirkier days I think about "first" ink -- but it won't every happen. I am too chicken... and I've seen it done. No raw flesh look, thankyoouverymuch.
What’s the weather like?
    After a rainy morning, it turned into a beautiful, balmy day!
What were you doing an hour ago?
    Reading through the Walgreens sale paper.
How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
    I function best on about 9 hours, but I try to get my 8 hours and 20 minutes now that I'm working.
Do you eat breakfast daily?
    Yes. I rarely miss eating at least something.
What did you do last night?
   Ordered pizza, chatted online, sorted through a big pile of junk mail and stuff I'd set aside for 'later,' and knitted on my Peaks & Valley scarf.
Do you use sarcasm?
    Yes, but with caution... sarcasm is lost on way too many people these days.
Do you like mustard?
    Oh yeah, especially spicy, but all kinds are good with me.
Do you sleep on your side/back/stomach?
    Mostly on my side, and it makes my shoulders hurt. Too many years of having to do it because my stomach/liver was hurting.
Do you watch the news?
    Rarely, and not if I can help it! That's why I never know what's going on.
How did you get one of your scars?
    Many years ago when I lived in Texas, as I was leaving the bathroom, raised my hand to flip the light switch and scraped the top of my hand on the underside of the towel bar. It was a shallow cut, and didn't bleed much at all, but it left an ugly scar.

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Out of all of that, the part that surprised me was that you drank Starbucks! LOL