Thursday, February 08, 2007

what I love about the South!

    It is warm enough today, February 8th, to eat lunch outside!

    Under the heading "not letting a bad experience keep me from enjoyment" . . . I forgot to bring lunch today, my friend never called to set up anything either, so I headed to Powerhouse to have lunch again today.

    NOT by the steps, of course. The knee support makes stairs quite difficult. They were very busy, so I ordered my lunch to go, with only a bit of trepidation (perhaps if I had not been carrying my go-box leftovers yesterday I wouldn't have tripped. I hobbled to the back of our building to a picnic table in the sunshine and enjoyed my "Dome Burger" (on whole-wheat sourdough, for those of you concerned about my carbs) and sweet potato fries. Al fresco -- what a lovely way to lunch. The only thing better would have been to have company, human or feline.

back to work . . .

2 comments:

Rissa said...

Lucky you...it got COLD here today. Too cold to eat outside, for sure. :-)

Mary Anne said...

It sounds like a nice day all around, even without company. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your nice weather at lunch time.