Monday, February 12, 2007

me a silly silly girl

    I had a lovely weekend with friends. Not only did we have two wonderful meals, we did some fine shopping. My haul included two great pairs of Bill Blass jeans, two tops and a pair of workout pants from Ross's (boo-hoo, the belly dance DVD stock was pitiful); then at Hudson's a long velvet jacket with beaded fringe (that we've been eyeing ever since the stock arrived months ago!), a blue 3-piece suit of that lovely wrinkle-free fabric and a violet sweater set. At a lovely Indian shop called Incense, I found a beautiful necklace and some sparkley earrings I just had to have (at 40% off!). After supper, we stopped at Borders; they had all their CD's for buy-three-fourth-half-price. I bought the new (finally!) Loreena McKennitt CD, two Cuban and one Eastern music CDs.

    Watching the dance DVD's with Rissa on Saturday night, really made me miss dancing and dance class. The timing was perfect for when she said last night, I'm paying for the workshops right now! LOL I'd already decided I was going whether she was able to go or not, but being able to share it with a friend makes it special. I had such big plans for costuming when I got into it... then I quit going to classes. That was the semester I took 6 classes, four of them 400-level. I just didn't have the time or the energy. Maybe at the festival I can accomplish two more things on my mind: finding out about my former instructor, and finding somewhere closer than Jackson to take classes again!

    Speaking of class... it is almost time for my LIS chats, so I will stop. The blue socks are coming along -- and even though I can plainly see where I made a definite error in the lace pattern, I'm not going to rip it back. These socks are for me, and I'm letting it stay there. But, I will have photos for you soon. It is too difficult to concentrate on that pattern in the brief moments I have at work to knit, so I pulled out the yarn I got at Hobby Lobby on Saturday (oops! forgot about that purchase!) and started a Peaks & Valley scarf. I had to reduce the cast-on to 25 stitches (instead of 33) because of using a bulky yarn and larger needles. I hope it will turn out okay. Maybe I can get a photo posted after class... later, ya'll!

1 comment:

Rissa said...

You are so funny. :-) I really do hope you find access to a class soon. ;-)