Sunday, February 04, 2007

fireside detante

    I just *had* to photograph (and post) this rare moment:


(This is actually the second time it has happened in my presence in a week, but the photograph from the first time is too dark.)

    We can only guess that their desire to be near the fire has overcome their distaste of being in such close proximity to one another. The Queen of the Hill especially does not tolerate the males encrouching upon Her Person. Still, the pale Alpha Male manages to make poor Nero so anxious and uncomfortable that he never stays on the arm for very long (what he really wants is Brickle's spot, anyway).

    When I downloaded this shot from my camera, I found a picture of the scarf I made for Knit Your Bit.

    The pin was a give-away from the Navy Recruiters who were at the APA convention I attended in August, and the scarf pattern . . . hmmm . . . just a K2P2 rib, but three at the beginning and end so the sides curl and hide the edge stitches. Knit with two strands of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool for the cream color and one strand of navy Berella/Spinrite Banff, a bulky merino. I made it sort of narrow. I don't really care for bulky scarves, just something that will snuggle up against the neck and be warm.

    Today I have one more chapter to read for my Collection Development class, and then some articles and a chapter for Reference, and I'll be all ready for 'classes' tomorrow night. And, I have episodes of CSI to watch while I read.

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Cynthia,
I love the photo of your kitties all curled up in the chair. They look so peaceful. Your scarf looks nice and cozy.

Rissa said...

So it take a rare alignment of the cats to get you to post! :-) The scarf is very cool.

Lisa Dunn said...

Awww, your cats are beautiful! My poor cat doesn't like other cats either, but that may be because they are always trying to beat him up. But he loves the dogs.