Tuesday, July 06, 2004

O M G ! !

We finally got back our graded World Civ mid-terms --
I made a 91.5
-- which was rounded up to a 92! He didn't return them until class ended. I stuffed mine in my tote and didn't dare look at it until I got to the car. Guess I was afraid I would cry if I did badly. I couldn't believe that I did so well, though I wonder what I stated incorrectly or left out of my short answer on Siddhartha Gautama to lose one point. I do believe that he was generous on the essay grade -- I don't expect that will happen on the final. He will expect improvement, and plainly said so today. So far, so good, in both classes, in class-/homework and tests -- but there's far to go: three map tests and the final in World Civ; two tests and two papers in Psych. However, I couldn't have asked for a better pre-birthday present! As I'm writing this, I'm in the last four hours of my ?9th year of life. Maybe there's not as much "fluff 'n stuff" in this 'pooh-bear' brain afterall. I've also got my schedule all set for Fall: Spanish, two psych classes, Comparative Religion and either another psych or an English course. I told dear hubby tonight that I wish I could think of some where special to go tomorrow to celebrate, but we spent two of the past four days in New Orleans, showing his daughter, son-in-law and grandson the sights -- yes, THOSE too. It was hot as Hades, of course, but I think they had a wonderful time, and fortunately we had afternoon rains both days for a bit of relief in The Big Easy. We toured the French Quarter and the Garden District, introduced them to beignets, bar-b-qued shrimp, red beans and rice, K-Paul's Kitchen, pralines, breadpudding, sternwheelers, Bourbon Street, The Big Muddy,... just about everything but a swamp tour! They held up longer than we did; thank goodness Son#1 took over for Saturday evening's events. Unfortunately, I'm now behind on my studies (Classical Rome & Byzantium; Preschool physical & cognitive development) and will spend most of my birthday with my nose in the books (two tests and a paper due next week). As soon as the dryer shuts off, the clothes are getting folded and this bear is going to bed! with a smile on my face! LC

No comments: