Monday, July 19, 2004

surprise of the day

Notice how I haven't posted since I mentioned the 'big psych' test? Well, I worked hard but could not get caught up on all the reading before the test. I did review notes and 'looking back' sections of each chapter, but my eyes finally revolted at about 2am Thursday and I went to bed.   I took almost the whole time allowed for the test -- I finally just left because I had answered everything I could recall and still there were blanks. I was very disheartened, but knew I had no one to blame but myself. I got behind and couldn't catch up -- exactly what I have spent, oh, the last two to four years harping at my sons about.   Today I drove up to campus to meet with my professor about the paper that is due tomorrow. I was very anxious about it and she had offered in class to look over papers prior to due dates. It's not all right, but it's not all wrong either -- narrow the scope, correct the format, and I should be fine. She even mentioned she liked the topic.   One the way out, I asked if the test grades were posted. They were.   I can't believe I scored as high as I did: 91.5 !   (do you ever accidentally hit 'hot keys' see the program/whatever come up and wonder, now how did I do that so you can do it again on purpose?? I do.. just happened)   Now I'm curious to see what she has to say about the test in class tomorrow. There were three scores above 90 and two above 100 (there is always extra credit on her tests).  I can't imagine getting so high a score without some kind of adjustment to the test on her part.   Still -- I am please and very excited. And plan to be sure all reading is done before the final in three weeks. There are four more classes to cover three chapters, and fortunately, both my finals are at the end of finals week. On the same day, unfortunately, but at least two more study days.   Enough rambling... got the second printer installed to the laptop. The first one is really dying and I was embarassed enough to take the paper up there today printed from it.   later-taters!   LC    

No comments: