Thursday, June 24, 2004

no grade is a good grade so far

World Civ mid-term wasn't graded as of class this afternoon, which was short due to some severe weather outside and a somewhat ill professor inside. Turns out essay is 40% of grade. I'm pretty sure, as I've said, that I did well on the rest of the test, though 60% is hardly passing! I'll be saying prayers for a general 20% for my essay attempt and just keep trodding along. Speaking of the sever weather, I cannot believe the terrible drainage conditions on campus! My shoes were soaked. (I knew it would be raining today, so I didn't wear sandals' I got wet feet on Tuesday.) There was one parking lot where the ground angled down; the front of the cars were IN the water! If the one on the end didn't have water inside from around the driver's door, I would be very surprised. What a very wet day. My feet were freezing by the time I got home this evening... remember, I'm in south Mississippi and it is summer! I've got to quit going in at the library with hubby. Every time I pick up something to read -- and I don't have any spare reading time! Maybe once or twice a week I can take time from the books. Like right now, for I'm heading to bed with the latest offering from the Marion Zimmer Bradley people, i.e., someone writing up some of her stories of Darkover with their own. Last one wasn't very good, but as is often the case with me, I read for the story and not for the writing. I tolerate a lot of bad/poor writing to find out how the story goes. Then again, Angels & Demons is pretty interesting right now. I also picked up A Thousand Days in Venice (think that's the right title). Either way, I'm off to read myself to sleep (won't be hard), LC

No comments: