Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Slo-Pookey

My goodness, I wish I could knit as fast as others seem to; like Rachael! I barely managed to get a 5"x6" swatch of the hemp yarn done last night -- and part of that I did the night before!! I did put a few more inches on the Rose Petal Vest that night, too, though. Tomorrow I will do as Lana suggests: block my swatch before I decide which needle size I prefer. Guess it's a good thing I don't have (and couldn't find today) the circular needles for the Stripes Go Round top. If I did, I know I would put the vest aside for who knows how long! It's not a project I can tote around because it uses four yarns and I like them spread out beside me on the sofa, so I can keep them untangled. The hemp top will be the same; it also uses four colors. I did find the size 2 Boye tips that I can connect to a cable I already have, but I'd really like to use bamboo circulars. I did wind another hank of the hemp last night and it was easy-peasy. Amazing how well things work when you do them right and pay attention. And the best news of the day is that Son#2 finally made a decision about university. I felt like a heavy weight had been lifted. I didn't realize I was stressing so about it. Both sons will be attending USM. Their first assignment is to get me a "USM Mom" window decal for my truck! USM has a lot more 'extras' and if he -- well, both -- make use of them, it will be a great two years. I would love to see Son#2 come out of his shell a bit. He used to be a very outgoing young fellow; somewhere along the time he went to public school (after 8 years of homeschooling), he became quite introverted... ah, well, that's enough of mother-musing... Did I mention I envy them? I've been listing a few books at half.com, so pop in and take a look, if you like. There will be more and more; I have hundreds of my mother's paperbacks, hard-to-find oldies and never-read new ones -- well, as of 1999, when she passed. Historical romance was her preference. Mine is fantasy/science fiction and I'll be adding my duplicates and won't-read-again copies, too. I'll add a link on my sidebar for future reference. nities, LC

No comments: