Saturday, May 22, 2004

If Wishes were Horses

Beggars would ride. Early this morning, I got to the end of the skein of light pink yarn in the baby's blanket, so I put it away until I can get to the Hobby Lobby in Slidell to check for the same lot number. With gas as high as it is, I'm limiting my driving. So on Monday, I'll call for my annual mammogram, then do that and a couple other things all at once. If I can't find the same dye lot, I'll just make do with the skein I found in Hattiesburg's HL which was ONE digit off! The baby isn't due until mid-July, so I think I still have time to finish it. My hemp yarn isn't here yet. I was getting anxious until I remembered it is coming from Canada. So, boo-hoo, I couldn't start on that today. Anyone else doing Lana Hames' Stripes Go Round? I have Deep Sea Blue, Cinnamon, Aubergine and Traditional Hemp ordered for it. I still hadn't looked at the INKnitter's or the Knit 'n Style magazines I bought earlier in the week, so I did that this afternoon. Oh, if I could only knit faster. I bet there are a dozen things I'd like to try in them: From INKnitters: The weaving in 'ladders' looks like an interesting way to embellish knitting; I like the 'surprise pocket' idea, too. Want to make the "Shadow Lace Vest," try sock like in the Dawn Brocco article, and maybe play with ruffles a bit. Then Knit 'n Style: Rachael's great looking tank makes me think about trying the Ribbed Tank or the Batz Sleeveless Top. [That Levant Top makes me wish I was about 18 again! LOL] There's two more pretty lacey things, one a cardigan; one a pullover. And I'd like to swatch the pattern stitches in the sampler top. I was intrigued by the article on 'Illusion' or 'Shadow' knitting in INKnitters, but not enough to try the pattern (or even swatch). I'm a word pattern person, never done charts. But the one in Knit 'n Style, the goldfish one... THAT I want to make!! Will have to look up the yarns and find a suitable substitute. Knowing that I really shouldn't start anything new, I went to find a WIP. Came across the bag with the capelet I made after taking apart the shawl that I was suppose to make for stepdaughter#2 for Christmas. I was never happy with it in either incarnation. I remembered the Rose Petal Vest in K'nS. I went down to size US6 to get gauge (knowing I tend to knit loose) and am rolling right along. I'm not sure whether I'll add other yarns as in the pattern -- -- what do I do with the garter stitch yarn (A) through the center section when using the B,C,D yarns??? Just carry it a long?? Hm... guess I will have to look that up. Haven't done *that* either -- -- but I really like the styling of the pattern and hope it will work well with the Paton's Divine yarn. It is the Richest Rose color. Okay. Back to the knitting. Ciao! LC

No comments: