Friday, May 28, 2004

Have I a disease?

Surely I must. Did I spend today knitting? Of course not. I spent the day searching online for two different yarns. One was Trendsetter's Blossom. I would need 4 (or maybe 6 if I got two colors so I could play) balls, for a child's hooded poncho. The yarn is $11 to $13 per ball, when you can find it, as it seems to be an older yarn. Now if only I could find it on clearance somewhere, I just might consider it. Guess the kids will just get some 'nice' acrylic from Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Hey, are ponchos okay for little boys?? The other is Schachenmayr Nomotta's Catania for the shadow-knitted top in the June Knit 'n Style. I went to Royal Yarns' website, looked through the colors, and picked four to substitute for the blue, aqua and orang-y ones in the model -- I chose violet, fushia, khaki (which is more green than brown), & apple. It's only $3.99/137yd ball from Royal, they also have the size3 bamboo circular needle I need, and a $5.00 off coupon from joining their email list -- but, do I really want to invest $32.00 in a top? Can you tell I'm cheap?? It's not really that I'm cheap. I can spend with the best of them. I worry that, (1) I won't finish the top, (2) it won't fit me, (3) I won't like wearing it. I'm more likely to buy the cotton than the poly -- I have a real problem paying so much for synthetic yarns. Anyone else feel that way? Hubby and son#2 are watching Kill Bill (1). I'm trying not to watch; even the sound effects are disgusting. Story seems good, but way too much gore for this squeamish lady. If I hadn't already had some wonderful flan from our local Mexican restaurant for dessert, I'd go get some ice cream. LC

No comments: