Thursday, August 19, 2004

searching/finding/searching/finding

    Why is it that you -- okay, maybe not you, but ME -- always seem to find things you were looking for last week when you are looking for something totally different today? Know what I mean??     For instance, I have wanted to try continental style knitting for a while, and decided now was a good time. I remember seeing an article in one of the knitting magazines that I set aside for reading later, so last night I went looking for it. Meanwhile, I found a small illustration on the upper right corner of one page of IK's Spring 2004 issue for a K2TOG Bind-off. I decided to see if it would work for my baby sweater sleeves. It did. So, I'll learn tubular cast-off some other time -- perhaps in person with my knitting friend, Melody.     I also found the pattern for a dog sweater I wanted to make for my step-daughter for Christmas. She has a Scottie whom she adores. Back in May, I made an attempt to trade a Fiber Trends pattern. One of the patterns on my trade list was their dog sweater. This one will do fine though, and I've already paid for it.     Now, to get back to looking for the continental instructions. No telling what else I may find while looking, like all those sweaters I'd love to make but don't knit fast enough to finish them, nor can afford the 'luxury' yarns. LC

No comments: