Tuesday, August 10, 2004

relaxing & productive

    That's what my last couple days have, pleasantly, been. I almost finished the baby sweater, but have taken a break. Turns out I didn't make the increases the same on the second sweater as I did the first, and I want them to match. So I'll be starting another one and keeping this one for the next baby boy born.     One of the things I was looking forward to doing during the break between terms was reading Dan Brown's DaVinci Code. Hubby read it last week while I studied for finals. I finshed it last night. What a great read! I really like his writing and look forward to his next 'Robert Langdon' tale next year. We read Angels & Demons first, and picked up Digital Fortress from the libray today.     While hubby reads that, I've started Zandru's Forge, the second Darkover book published since Marion Zimmer Bradley's -- co-written by Deborah J. Ross. I'm reading it more just because; I wasn't really impressed by the other books cowritten with Marion in her last couple of years(Fall of Neskaya nor Priestess of Avalon -- cowritten with Diana Paxson. Now I see there is yet another Avalon book written by Paxson, as well as third Darkover book coming out this month. Being as compulsive as I am about these kinds of things, I'll probably read them both, too.     Found a great deal on eBay for my Spanish textbooks for fall! And my Comparative Religion book I'll get at half.com. The psych books I'll get locally, because I may have to drop one of the classes and want to be able to return the book for full price.     12 days of vacation remaining, and 9 til my baby moves out. LC

No comments: