Friday, August 13, 2004

did ya know it's friday the thirteenth?

    I should be leaving right now for my therapeutic massage, but she called to say she was sick with stomach-bug -- boy, am I glad I didn't go last night! Last thing I need it more stomach trouble. Need to do laundry yesterday. And hope to get some more beads sorted and listed for sale -- so hard to part with them.     I'm really just popping in to whine:     I'm now working on my fourth 5-hour baby sweater, and I've decided I must be the slowest (or worst) knitter alive! Does anyone really get this little jewel finished in five hours??     (At least I didn't start it on Friday --and the 13th, to boot!-- Momma always said never start anything on Friday you can't finish on that day. She never 'cut' any garment on Friday she couldn't finish on that same day.)     I started a pink one last night about 10:00pm. The thread was finer than worsted, so I used a double strand. It's coming out a bit bigger than the others, but that's okay, since babies grow. duh. The thread is some Patons Carolina (acrylic/cotton/polyester) a friend gave me. A BIG change from the Debbie Bliss Merino Aran I've been using on these! I went to bed after 3:00am, and I still have one sleeve and the body to finish! Now this morning, I've got quite an irritation across my right index finger, where the thread rubbed. It's not pretty, but at least the sweater is.     Usually, I get all messed up with the increase rows of the yoke, and have to tink and re-knit a lot... on this pink one, I only had to do that once, and still it seemed to take me forever.     Okay. Enough. It is a beautiful day here; all the hurricane weather went way east of us this time (my thoughts and prayers for those of you in the path), and I'm going to finish this little piece of torture asap. Right after I eat something. LC

No comments: