Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Wasted Days

I finally got through with telephone calls and email and other tidbits and got to my knitting mid-afternoon. I had about 5" done last night when my eyes started crossing (and NYPD Blue was over), so I went on to bed. Today I think I got about an inch farther, and realized I hadn't changed the pattern where I should have changed. R-I-P! Then, about two inches later, I realized that I still didn't have it right. I was doing k3,p3 on the wrong side. What a pain; I'm still taking out rows because I can't see where I messed up. I guess I shouldn't have tried to change the pattern every six rows. Should have done a plain 3- or 4-stitch rib. I wish I had made it 52, and kept the first two and last two stitches stockinette: I wanted it to curl just a bit at the edge. Then again, that might not have worked or looke nice anyway. So, I put it down, washed some dishes and made some coffee.... I could count it to worry about my best friend's husband. Lymphoma in his liver. Prayers of all kinds are coveted -- I wish someone would call and let me know what's going on. Last update I got was Monday at noon. It's a pretty blue Christmas around here even with my beautiful nine-foot, pre-lit tree white candy canes, plain gold and silver glass balls of several sizes, and ribbon streamers of white and gold, topped with a large white & gold bow. Only the top half is decorated, in deference to the family felines. I miss the old Christmas specials. LC

No comments: