Wednesday, December 17, 2003

My Chauffeur

The great thing about having (almost) grown children, is that they can drive when you are tired -- or want to KNIT! #1Son and I headed out with a long list today... we weren't totally successful, but we had a good day together, and were both amazed that the malls and stores were not very crowded. Today I did find both satin and chiffon for my costumes. Since we got home, I've been surfing eBay for instructions, patterns, and examples of harem pants & hip scarves. I picked up some 26-cent/yard (!) ribbon to do some embellishing on my stretch pants. I'd gotten white paint on them last year, but decided if I turned them inside out and embellished over the seam allowance they would be fine for class -- and make me feel a little more into the mood. Picked up a Yoga book (for warm-up/stretches) & also The Zen of Knitting. Met a knitter while looking at the books -- can't believe I didn't get her email or name! We cruised by the theatre before heading home; there were lots of folks out for the LOTR's opening day. DS said he'd go another day. Good boy. I'll go see Julia while my guys see LOTR... I'm content to read JRRT. LC

No comments: