Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Hurry-scurry

Frustrates me to no end when I can't seem to get away from the house when I plan!

We didn't get off until noonish to run errands today, and, of course, the doctor's office was backed up. Took 40 minutes just to find out that I could see someone in two hours. Not quite time to run to NOLA for the LitterMaid, but we went anyway knowing the doctor was running an hour and a half behind -- and it wasn't *my* doctor I was supposed to see anyway. That added to my frustration level too. Then we got in heavy afternoon traffic. Oh joy.

However, found the warehouse, picked up the new litter box and headed back (into traffic, hubby jokes). No time to stop to exchange the Clover Bamboo 15s I bought the other night. Maybe I will get to do it later in the week. Bad news was we were half an hour late; worse news was we hadn't eaten yet. Good news was I still only had to wait 30 minutes more. Better news was I did get to see MY doctor about the inflammation around my fingers from the acrylic overlays. He prescribed a strong steroid/anti-fungal cream -- expensive -- but it seems to be helping. Still unsure if I will try again with the acrylic, or move on to some other alternative.

By the time we got my prescription and gathered up some groceries, it was dark. I did get way into the fourth ball of yarn on Lisa's scarf while on the road today! Yay! I may actually get it finished before Christmas -- won't get it mailed on time, knowing me though. Am anxious to start on her sister's hood. Have been searching a lot of websites looking for ideas and patterns. I have the Patons' Cha-Cha book of patterns coming from Oregon Trail Yarns, but I won't be making it in that yarn. I bought Bernat's Divine. It is really luscious. Didn't bother with the new litter box tonight.

No comments: