Sunday, July 16, 2006

katrina +320

    After nearly 11 months, we have the living room back to normal at last. My father replaced all the carpet in his house back in the spring and gave us what they took up. Only one room in his house had been damaged during the storm, so the rest of the carpet was in fairly good shape. About two weeks ago, hubby and the two sons were finally all home (& well) at the same time so they went to Dad's to pick up it up. Yesterday, again, everyone was home (& awake) so we got the biggest piece put down in the living room and all the furniture back where it belongs. The best piece will probably go in our bedroom. I'd love to replace what is in the hallways, too, but I don't know if the sizing will match.     The cats were so funny inspecting the changes. The new/old furniture arrangement was like some kind of obstacle course for the first couple hours. But what was really amusing was how the female immediately seemed to command ownership of the carpet, lying in the middle like royalty while the males remained at the edges on the bare floor -- carpet doesn't quite cover the whole floor. After a couple of hours though, all three were enjoying the comfort of the carpet.     During the afternoon and again today, I have been slowly returning books, CDs, videos, etc., to their proper places. I hope to be able to spend many of the coming vacation (from classes) days cleaning and organzing my house. The clutter has gotten beyond even my tolerance level -- which is saying A LOT. For the rest of today, however, it is back to Spanish. And a little more knitting, I hope. The tote is coming along nicely. Into the second ball (of five) yesterday.     I've received good news about my grades for the classes in Mexico. I got an A in one, and should have at least a B in the other. The A is a surprise.     Hasta, chicos! LC

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Excellent news! I spent exactly one hour cleaning today. LOL It will take about 320 days if I do that every day and nothing new comes into the house. (giggle, giggle)