Tuesday, July 11, 2006

¡está bien!

    Although it wasn't the firts PPT presentation I have created, it was the first one I got to truly present in the format. During spring semester I prepared one for my capstone course, but I wasn't able to get the equipement in the classroom to present it. It was all text anyway, so the handouts and oral was all I presented. However, the classroom in which we are having our Spanish class is fully equipped for multimedia presentations. Considering that it was impossible to practice in the environment I had to present versus on my own computer, I think it went pretty well.     Of course, something I suspected would happen did. The sound files were only linked from their location on my hard drive to the presentation file, so when I used a flash drive with the .ppt file on it in the classroom system, the sound wasn't linked any more. Fortunately, I had my computer with me, and played the song clips through it. Tonight I found out how to save it with the files embedded, now it is all together. She asked me to bring it back tomorrow, so now the music soundtrack will play as it should.     The best thing was that she told me it was the first time she had put "Música Indígena" on her list of presentation topics, and that she had learned a lot. And, she loved my handout: I made an activity sheet very much like she has been giving us on the topics she presents. One would think I was a teacher candidate! I plan to do an English translation of the presentation for my sister (who *is* a teacher), in case she would want to use it in her classes. She's an art teacher who seems to end up teaching more non-fine art but still artistic, enrichment-type classes.     I took a nice nap when I got home. Lord, the heat was oppressive today! But, I feel like I can relax just a little tonight. Reading the last few stories in the Legends of Mexico book for a report due on Friday, and hope to do a little knitting on the purple tote later tonight. LC

No comments: