Sunday, July 09, 2006

birthday weekend

    My birthday was Friday, and along with a beautiful handmade stained-glass dragonfly pin from my sweet husband, I have received many special surprises from my friends. These included Facebook messages from new friends in and from Mexico, which led me to photo albums and pictures of people and places I missed taking while there. Phone calls from family and friends. Special gifts from friends including special silvercloth bags for the sterling silver jewelry I bought in Taxco, MX, a book on European Ayurveda (which should go nicely with Mediterranean Diet), and some beautiful bead stitch markers! Upon my father's gift I type this message: a refurbished (but seeming brand new) Averatec laptop I bought to go to Mexico, which weights only 4 pounds and is now also great to carry to class. I had dinner with hubby and #2Son on Friday night, then with Rissa & Ben, and Lisa & Mark last night in Jackson. Friday night I was good, but last night I indulged in a small amount of pan-fried potatoes, the top of a garlic roll, and a portion of chocolate cake.     During the EGA meeting yesterday afternoon I tried to knit; only Lisa had remembered to bring her drawnwork project, so there wasn't a lot of teaching done. On the way home I manged not to make any more mistakes and got back to and beyond where I had been before I ripped on Wednesday night. Coming through H'burg, we stopped at Michael's and I found some size 8 circulars -- so with my new stitch markers placed at even intervals I should be able to just as easily keep track of the count to help avoid adding stitches and at the same time not be dropping them off the end of the DPs.     Today, however, it is back to the Spanish. My PowerPoint must be ready to present tomorrow morning, so... hasta luega, mis amigos! LC

No comments: