Wednesday, July 20, 2005

progress

    I am beginning to feel like this knitting for Tibet is going to actually happen!    I heard from Colette and now have a better idea of just what we need to do and how to do.    I feel much more confident about this project associating with someone who has, to use the very worn-out phrase, "been there, done that." So, I'm working on a logo, a webpage, and other ideas for getting the word out.    First, though I want to pass it all by the professor and see if we need to also pass it by International Studies or whomever at the university.     I hope to run some weekly knit-ins at either on campus or at the coffeeshop across the street, and also to get the campus newspaper to do a writeup.     In the meantime, I'm trying to stay focused on these last assignments for the summer courses, and knitting on the striped hemp top. Once I get the body done, I think the sleeves and yoke will go quickly. There's really no finishing, so when it's done, it's done. LC

No comments: