Monday, September 27, 2004

some days

you just want your mommy!     And today was one of those days. For the second time in two (class) days, I have failed to be able to completely finish an exam in the time allowed. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't known the material so well! Simply defining the terms was not adequate: "tell me all you know about it," "include examples from the lectures, films and readings." No problemo... I used to hate these kinds of tests, but I don't any more. There were 14 terms to be done in 50 minutes. That's about 3.5 minutes per term. Right.     Now, to simply define terms that would be plenty of time, but we were told again and again that was not sufficient.     By the time I got to my car -- it was my last class for the day -- all I wanted to do was to be able to pick up my phone and call my mom.     Unfortunately, heaven isn't in my calling plan.     I drove straight home, and would have ditched my dance class and crawled into bed for a good long nap if I hadn't found DH in the shower getting ready to head to the coast for the evening. I also knew that it would be better for me physically and emotionally if I went to dance class (and had a good dinner beforehand).     So, here I am back home. Not sure I feel so very much better, but DH let me vent all the way to the coast (I didn't dare try to knit), and a little exercise is always a good thing. I also talked to Son#1. He had to go to traffic court for a bogus ticket this afternoon. I suppose I was more concerned for him over it than I realized, for I felt a good bit lighter in the heart after we spoke: both charges were dropped. He had all his documents in order and I'm sure made a good impression. I felt a little guilty for not being there to support him, but perhaps it was as it should have been. He is 20 years old, afterall.     I hope to get a good night's rest and put today behind me, as I have my first Spanish test on Wednesday. (I think) I'm in pretty good shape, but I need to work on verb conjugations and pronouns, and review "paises y capitols."     Buenas noches, LC

No comments: