Monday, September 20, 2004

good news, bad news

    It's that kind of day. No big surprise since it is Monday. Told DH last night, it's not the 8AM class that's the problem, it is the 5:45AM alarm that wakes me. Once I'm up and in the shower, everything is usually pretty fine; even my nervous stomach seems to calm down once I am on the road to the campus. I've no cash for lunch and an hour to kill before Developmental Psych, so I wandered to the computer lab to check my email and blog a bit.     This is first day of classes since last Tuesday when Ivan threatened. The statistics test scheduled today was postponed until Wednesday --good news-- and he did a pretty thorough review today. Friday's personality psych test is not rescheduled, so instead two class periods of videos (of questionable interest) are sacrificed for the lectures that would have been given last week --also good news. Spanish test scheduled for Friday is rescheduled -- very good news -- but, we may be losing our professor -- could be very BAD news.     Funny thing, first time I saw him I was relieved he was not my professor. Just something too stern-looking about him. When I needed to rearrange my schedule and ended up in his class, I was apprehensive. Turns out he is not only an efficient and effective instructor, he is a warm and very accommodating person. I honestly do wish him well, as it sounds like he has been offered a good opportunity; I would certainly love to see him be able to finish this semester. I don't think any of us would enjoy having to readjust to another professor/style.     Ah, more good news. I just happen to check with the department secretary after statistics about how scheduling for advisement is handled and found out that just this morning all the information and scheduling sheets were posted right outside my class. So, all I had to do was to walk back about 20 sign up with my advisor -- on the first possible day during my lunch break.     Time to head out for last two classes, LC

No comments: