Monday, January 26, 2004

Time Flies

What a disappointing day: I woke up sick. Probably started about 5am, reached medication stage at 10am. I showered at 11am, still hoping to make my 'date' with fellow knitter on the coast. Just wasn't meant to be today. At noonish, I called to cancel, much to DH's relief. I think he thought I would push myself to go and regret it. He's right. I took my lead from him (for once), and from the pains in my stomach. Unfortunately, by 5pm I was still too puny to go to dance class -- last thing you need to do is belly rolls when you've had pains all day. However, by 7pm I was feeling much better and hungry. I am full, but feeling even better since I ate. And relaxed for the first time today. I can't believe I haven't posted in a full week -- but I have ripped and frogged so much this week I was just too frustrated to write. I forgot the second set of bind-off rows at the underarms of the Shapely Tank Top I'm modifying for a cropped top (for dance class). Now, it is all back on, the front is complete up to the should bind-off row, and I'm almost to the neckline bind-off rows on the back. Isn't it a mess? LOL I am determined not to pick up anything else to knit until this is finished. Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that I am not happy at all with the wimple/smoke-ring/snood/hood I've been making for #2SD. I'm about ready to set it aside, grab the Cha-Cha and a fine carrying thread and make something for her from the Paton's Fabulous Fur booklet of patterns! And then ponder what to do with three balls of Paton's Divine! Something in me wants to make it lacey... is that crazy?? Monday's almost over; a whole week ahead of us all. Make the most of it! LC

No comments: