Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Real Friends Share

their yarn!! I have this pretty impressive friend who surprised me last Saturday with a bag of yarn from her stash. See my new pretties? The blue, pink, and varigated balls are cotton blends. Will probably hold onto it until I know whether my neices unborn child is a boy or girl; then whatever is left will probably be used in charity knitting. The varigated is so much prettier than the photo shows! I'm thinking of a cropped-top for dance class (will ask on knitlist for pattern ideas). I know the very pink ball is LB Homespun; not sure about the green boucle. I'm not usually much of a green person, but this is a surprisingly lovely shade. I did have to begin my stepdaughter's smoke-ring again. It was twice as wide as necessary. I didn't bother to frog it, just started with a new skein. Always one to try to 'make lemonade' I did a three-needle cast-off with the active edge -- first time to try that. It's long and thin, and I'm thinking of putting my new buckwheat hull pillow in it and seaming up the other side, then using it in the living room. Maybe I'll think of something else. On the new start, I used a cable cast-on (second time for that) instead of my usual long-tail cast on. Haven't touched the socks, though. Determined to get this last Christmas present done before I do anything else. Spent a lot of time last night reading other knitting blogs, setting up some more links in my sidebar from those I like to read. Am not through my list yet though! LC

No comments: