Wednesday, August 22, 2007

you know it's going to be a hot day

when your air conditioner is running at 5:45 AM.

    Last night I finished the Swallowtail shawl. I'm quite proud to have a finished item! I am terrible about leaving things unfinished and running off to other projects. Of course, it still has to be blocked, but the smaller size of the Swallowtail is less intimidating than a full size shawl.

    Of course, what did I do as soon as I bound off the last stitches?? Casted-on for another one with the dark red MistiAlpaca I bought at the same time as the grey! I want to do this one on a little larger needles. Size 6 I think. I started it on size 7 by mistake though, and forgot to grab the 6s this morning to make the change.

    Classes begin today -- well, one of my classes -- and I am looking forward to getting back into an actual classroom! All my LIS classes so far have been online, but I'm taking a Tibetan Religions course this term that is face-to-face. Appropriately, I wore today my om-mani-padme-hum (in Tibetan script) T-shirt that I bought in Lhasa.

2 comments:

Rissa said...

Woo hoo! Glad that you got it done and I look forward to seeing it on you.

Mary Anne said...

Congratulations on finishing your swallowtail, and then starting a new one right away! You are an intrepid knitter :).