Saturday, August 18, 2007

birthday meme

    Well, hmmm. Seems like we did this for an assignment in one of my LIS classes . . . except we had to use "real" reference sources: "The rules are to go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends." (I found the events rather uninteresting, so I only did two of them and did three birthdays.)

July 7th
Events:
    1456 - Joan of Arc acquitted of heresy (25 years after her death)
    2005 - London's transport system bombings
Births:-- all before me! LOL
    1907 - Robert Heinlein,Science fiction author
    1940 - Ringo Starr, musician
    1949 - Shelley Duvall, actress
Holiday:
    Very cool! The Japanese star festival, Tanabata! Go! Read. It is interesting, even though it is supposed to be seventh day of seventh lunamonth. "In the Edo period, girls wished for better sewing and craftsmanship." And they have seven kinds of decorations.

Tag, you're it (if you wanna play).

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi there, I'm the ring manager for "Librarians/Archivists who Knit". I just came to check out your site and I noticed an error in the code. There are two places (in the links for "Previous" and "Next") where you need to make a change. Where it says "***SITEID***" you need to replace that, including all the ***s, with your actual site ID, which is 241.

Since Ringsurf is a kind of old system I have to do a lot of things manually, so if you send me an email whenever you make this change, I'd really appreciate it!

Heidi

Rissa said...

I decided to consider myself tagged and played along. :-)