Monday, April 16, 2007

trips of a kind

    oh, my... so many days and no postings again. and there were days I had so much to say -- not that it was worth reading, though!

    i am trying to stay focused on school work and not get too wound up about Tibet yet. THAT is really hard to do, though. the weekend in Jackson sort of helped, and I have such lovely goodies from my little shopping adventure in Trish's stash. for the first time, I think I actually have enough pieces of dance clothing for a complete outfit: skirt, bra, turkish vest, hip scarf, belt. then there are some extra bits, like a fringe belt, and bell anklets. gee, now all I have to do is re-learn how to do the steps!

    it was such fun to see the MissiHippy troup dance again on Friday night. Hubby was along, and although he said he was turning away from the dancers because it was twisting his back, it was funny that he only seemed to do it when they danced toward him. if he thought *I* was going to get upset at him watching them or them flirting with him, he was wrong-wrong-wrong! Just as long as he doesnt' touch-touch-touch.

    sometimes it is hard to come back to P'ville after the being in Jackson. Yes, big cities have their drawbacks and problems, but so do small towns. I probably would hate living in Jackson if I was there (or if I was there, all my friends would be elsewhere!), but, it is nice to visit, and shop, and eat somewhere different.

    I bought one of these today. It is a 1.5-inch prayer wheel, which actually spins, and inside is a piece of microfilm with the Great Mantra printed on it over 1 million times. I was thinking about waiting to see if I found them in Tibet, but then I realized I wanted to have it with me everywhere I went in Tibet, so I ordered it.

    In other pre-trip activity, I'm going to load up all my music and some reading onto my three 1Gb SD cards for my iPaq,* and borrow #1Son's ipod shuffle too. I almost ordered one for myself yesterday, but I couldn't decide what I wanted. They are making the shuffles in colors now; I couldn't pick. Then there is the Nano: twice as much memory for only a little more money, but also twice the size. But that red one at 8Gb, for $250 is sure tempting.

I don't guess hubby's XM radio will work over there, but I'll fill up the rest of its hard drive for him and he'll have plenty of music along too. It's a hell of a long plane ride to China and back. I want a really good book to read too....

    Speaking of books, think I'll go read, or maybe ponder one of the meme Rissa posted this week, then go to bed. Night, all.

*nope, can't load up all three of them, then I'd have nothing to take digital pictures with, would I?? duh.

1 comment:

Rissa said...

Why wouldn't XM work there? It is satellite after all! LOL Just asking... hehehe

Glad you were here and had a decent time. :-)